Skip to main content

I'm having a good day, so don't screw it up

There's this annoying little something that always pisses me off, but I never talk about, cause it makes me feel mean and evil (which I sort of am but don't like to admit it). But then, Ji called and she had the very same problem (including the guilt of feeling mean and evil) and I decided, well.. this is worth blogging.

You know how some "friends" only call you when they are depressed; as in, when something good happens in their life, you're the last to know, but you're always the first person that comes to their mind when they want to cry their heart out. Naturally, it's a good thing that friend know I'm there for them, and that I will always be there to lift them up when they fall. And I'm happy to know that they trust my opinions but let's just think:

- So you are depressed, your life sucks, everything is falling out of place,.. I'm hear to listen, until! Until you bring up the fact that you talk to me cause I've had a shitty life so you assume I'll understand. You know what.. I love my life.. it's not shitty at all. Yes I have been through some ups and down but I really look back and think that I'm overall happy. If you're sad and need a shoulder to cry on, there is absolutely no point in comparing to my life. Really!

- "You're the first person I call". Yes I know, you always call your other friends to share good news, an outing or just to chat, but me.. I'm the one that comes to mind when you feel down. See, I'm ready to bear with that if you call me for the happy things as well, some people do that, yes walahi.. we call them "real friends"; they call to say , "Hey, you're the first person I call; guess what..I'm pregnant" or "Yasmine, I'm in a good mood, do you want to go for coffee?". They do exist, I have some of those great people.

-What's even worse is that, you will say the same old things you said a million times. Life is miserable, boring and there is absolutely no reason to live. Ever since you (broke up with your boyfriend/ got fired/ found out she's getting married/lost all your money ...etc), you can't seem to find a reason to get out of bed. Even your friends don't want to talk to you anymore (and don't they have the right with all your continuous wining). Guess what! You will continue to feel this way until YOU do something about it. Stop playing the victim, we make our own luck. Repeating the same complaints over and over again will NOT give you more sympathy from my side or anyone's. The details of how pathetic your life is make me reluctant to answer you call. Call me when a change of pace happens, or when you finally take one of my many suggestions (or your friends/family/loved ones suggestions) to do something instead of waiting for things to happen miraculously.

-What waaaaaaaaaay worse, is when you are using the above method as a pick up method. Really, are you expecting me to fall in love with you just because you have a miserable life? Seriously, how can you start flirting by mentioning how boring your life is? I mean who , in her right mind, would leave all the interesting people in the world, who have exciting lives, and want to be there to rub the tears off your cheek all the time? Really, find a new pick up line.

-And finally, did you bother stop to think how my day is going? I might be miserable myself and just not in the mood to talk. Or I might be busy, but then that doesn't make a difference , cause you'll call a million times until I actually pick up, right? Or maybe, just maybe, I'm having a good day. Maybe my day is so good that I don't want anything screwing it up.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

الفرق بين الطبخ على نار هادئة والطبخ السريع

 لاحظت إن بقى لى فترة كل تدويناتي إما تتحدث عن الحب (أو عدمه) والمشاعر (أو عدمها) أو تدوينات حزينة نكدية بتبني جو من  الكآبة العامة اللي محدش لا طايقها ولا ناقصها اصلا. فقررت بيني وبين نفسي أني مش هكتب حتى يكون عندي شئ خفيف وظريف أكتب عنه. المشكلة للأسف اللي وجهتني هي أن كل اللي بيدور في بالي دلوقتي إما الشغل ومشاكله اللي مبتخلصش أو حوار المشاعر اللي قلت إني مش هتكلم فيه، فقررت أسكت. بس النهارده وأنا في العربية مراوحة البيت من الشغل جائت لي فكرة قلت رغم إنها بتكسر شوية القرار اللي فوق إلا إنها تمشي مع فكرة خفيفة فممكن نعملها إستثناء فكرت في قد إيه "الإعجاب أو الإنبهار" بشخص ده عامل زي طرق الطبيخ، فيها السريع واللي على نار هادئة والللي الواحد يقعد يجهز فيه ويستنى عليه في الفرن إنه يستوي، مبيستويش. طبعا أنا محبب عليا أقول "الحب عامل زي الطبيخ"، بس من ناحية، أنا لسة من كام يوم بقول إن الإعجاب محتاج كثير علشان يبقى حب أصلا، ومن ناحية تانية حسيت إن الجملة مستهلكة جدا من قبل النكت القالشة.    أنا كنت طول عمري بميل للطبيخ السريع، زي طريقة "ستير فراي"، في

انا اسفة , مش عايزة اتنيل -0

بمناسبة شهر رمضان الكريم اللي الناس فيه بتبقى زهقانة و عايزة حكايات و بمناسبة اني كل ما اقعد قدام التلفزيون الاقي مسلسل مختلف فيه سوسن بدر بتقول لإبنها او بنتها "عقبال ما افرح بيكي و بمناسبة اذاعة مسلسل عايزة اتجوز اللي كل الناس بتبصلي اني المفروض اخده مثل اعلى و اروح ادور على عريس و بما ان عادة المصريين ان لازم ينكدوا على الواحد في اي مناسبة سعيدة و يفكروا باللي نقصوا في حياتوا و بمناسبة كلمة "عقبال" اللي عمري ما حبيتها ولا طيقتها و بمناسبة العريس الاخير , توتو عضلات اللي خلاني جبت اخري و قلت " رضينا بالهم و الهم مارضيش بينا و بمناسبة حالة الاكتئاب الاخيرة الي كنت فيها مش عارفة اشوف ربع الكوباية المليان احب اشارك معاكوا حكيتي مع الحب و الجواز و الذى منه , هاسميها "انا اسفة , مش عايزة اتنيل" . الحكاية دي فيها فضايح , و اعترافات , جزء لا بأس به من تاريخي الاسود . القصص كتير , منها الي يضحك و منها الي يبكي بس في الاخر هيا حصليت خلاص , و تسببت في تكوين شخصيتي و الي حصل حصل , و جائز لو شاركت الناس, تقدروا انا ليه بقيت كده في ناس هاتزعل مني , عادي متوقعة, ما اك

When Love Died

Yes, love died, about a year ago. No body knows exactly when, but it was sometimes early September or late August. Can you imagine something as big as love dying and no one noticing? Well, people did notice, in a way or another, but rather they couldn't possibly imagine that love , could in fact, die! For some, it changed into other feelings; feelings that could have usually be confused with love - lust, possessiveness , compassion, familiarity, kindness, fear of loneliness or even instinctive protectiveness. But there are a few people who are still lost at see with the void that death of love left behind. They struggle to find meaning. They... Ah well,.. Here are some stories from these people: Scene 4 Greenwich Wednesday, September 4th, 2014 It wasn't very rainy that day, unlike the rest of the week, so Tom thought that today has to be the day. He stopped at Marks and Spenser's on the way to class to pick up some flowers and concealed them cleverly. The day w