Skip to main content

Mission Accomplished: Ku Refill

So I've been low on Ku lately, and I've been all sad and miserable and sorry for myself. And that's a really annoying thing; to be sorry for yourself. And since it reached that stage, I had to break the cycle. I took a week off work, although I genuinely missed Mostafa. Apparently, since I'm usually a high Ku person, the slow pace of life in summer wasn't doing me any good. I kept waiting for something to happen, anything, but nothing did. It was depressing but I decided to take things into my own hands and make things happen.

During that week off, I went shopping, went to a movie "Dark Knight" (which is absolutely brilliant and a must see for any Batman fan), read a book "Stardust" which I blogged about here, went on a girl-only day use , and worked out several times. (I think it's true what they say how when one works out the negative energy flows outside their body!)

All that was good, but what happened in the week at work following my vacation was the real Ku refill. Sunday was fun, Roger came back from Belgium (I haven't seen him in 2 weeks) and I finally saw El Kebeer after one month. Sunday was mostly catching u, hearing about Roger's trip as well as getting back in the mood for work. Monday, was cool. I can't remember anything especially cool about it though. Tuesday ba2a was brilliant, I got donuts on the way to work to celebrate Jaz's birthday. After we blew candles in donuts instead of cakes for a change. Then somehow by pure coincidence, we had a singing time. Karim was playing guitar, and the rest of us started singing with him. It was amazing, really! I mean, I hardly ever sing in front of people for we all know how amazing my voice is.. but I did and it was so cool. When Jaz left, the rest of us did the final touches for the surprise party we were having for her the next day. And the day peacefully ended watching "Notting Hill" on TV. That is such a nice movie, one that I underrated I dont know why, but seeing it again, almost made me cry. Anyway, Wednesday, I didn't go to work, since I had an exam (and did well alhamdulilah), then met the guys and we all headed to Jaz's house. We gave her a unique birthday celebration, all of us wearing white galabeya and singing "Ramadan Gana" and "El-Leila el- Kebeera". Mira and I actually did a crazy performance on "Kiss the girl" from Disney's "Little Mermaid". That night was something else, everyone had fun although Mai and I had the flu and a sore throat. Thursday was spent taking antibiotic and other medicines in bed and at night I went to my little sister's graduation party (more on that in a different blog post) then spending some quality time with my parents.

Result of the week... Ku refilled, lost spirit found and zeww is back!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

الفرق بين الطبخ على نار هادئة والطبخ السريع

 لاحظت إن بقى لى فترة كل تدويناتي إما تتحدث عن الحب (أو عدمه) والمشاعر (أو عدمها) أو تدوينات حزينة نكدية بتبني جو من  الكآبة العامة اللي محدش لا طايقها ولا ناقصها اصلا. فقررت بيني وبين نفسي أني مش هكتب حتى يكون عندي شئ خفيف وظريف أكتب عنه. المشكلة للأسف اللي وجهتني هي أن كل اللي بيدور في بالي دلوقتي إما الشغل ومشاكله اللي مبتخلصش أو حوار المشاعر اللي قلت إني مش هتكلم فيه، فقررت أسكت. بس النهارده وأنا في العربية مراوحة البيت من الشغل جائت لي فكرة قلت رغم إنها بتكسر شوية القرار اللي فوق إلا إنها تمشي مع فكرة خفيفة فممكن نعملها إستثناء فكرت في قد إيه "الإعجاب أو الإنبهار" بشخص ده عامل زي طرق الطبيخ، فيها السريع واللي على نار هادئة والللي الواحد يقعد يجهز فيه ويستنى عليه في الفرن إنه يستوي، مبيستويش. طبعا أنا محبب عليا أقول "الحب عامل زي الطبيخ"، بس من ناحية، أنا لسة من كام يوم بقول إن الإعجاب محتاج كثير علشان يبقى حب أصلا، ومن ناحية تانية حسيت إن الجملة مستهلكة جدا من قبل النكت القالشة.    أنا كنت طول عمري بميل للطبيخ السريع، زي طريقة "ستير فراي"، في

انا اسفة , مش عايزة اتنيل -0

بمناسبة شهر رمضان الكريم اللي الناس فيه بتبقى زهقانة و عايزة حكايات و بمناسبة اني كل ما اقعد قدام التلفزيون الاقي مسلسل مختلف فيه سوسن بدر بتقول لإبنها او بنتها "عقبال ما افرح بيكي و بمناسبة اذاعة مسلسل عايزة اتجوز اللي كل الناس بتبصلي اني المفروض اخده مثل اعلى و اروح ادور على عريس و بما ان عادة المصريين ان لازم ينكدوا على الواحد في اي مناسبة سعيدة و يفكروا باللي نقصوا في حياتوا و بمناسبة كلمة "عقبال" اللي عمري ما حبيتها ولا طيقتها و بمناسبة العريس الاخير , توتو عضلات اللي خلاني جبت اخري و قلت " رضينا بالهم و الهم مارضيش بينا و بمناسبة حالة الاكتئاب الاخيرة الي كنت فيها مش عارفة اشوف ربع الكوباية المليان احب اشارك معاكوا حكيتي مع الحب و الجواز و الذى منه , هاسميها "انا اسفة , مش عايزة اتنيل" . الحكاية دي فيها فضايح , و اعترافات , جزء لا بأس به من تاريخي الاسود . القصص كتير , منها الي يضحك و منها الي يبكي بس في الاخر هيا حصليت خلاص , و تسببت في تكوين شخصيتي و الي حصل حصل , و جائز لو شاركت الناس, تقدروا انا ليه بقيت كده في ناس هاتزعل مني , عادي متوقعة, ما اك

When Love Died

Yes, love died, about a year ago. No body knows exactly when, but it was sometimes early September or late August. Can you imagine something as big as love dying and no one noticing? Well, people did notice, in a way or another, but rather they couldn't possibly imagine that love , could in fact, die! For some, it changed into other feelings; feelings that could have usually be confused with love - lust, possessiveness , compassion, familiarity, kindness, fear of loneliness or even instinctive protectiveness. But there are a few people who are still lost at see with the void that death of love left behind. They struggle to find meaning. They... Ah well,.. Here are some stories from these people: Scene 4 Greenwich Wednesday, September 4th, 2014 It wasn't very rainy that day, unlike the rest of the week, so Tom thought that today has to be the day. He stopped at Marks and Spenser's on the way to class to pick up some flowers and concealed them cleverly. The day w