Skip to main content

Updates and belated new years resolution

kIt's been a bit sinice I last posted after an intensive shower of daily blogging. But the past few days have been interesting for a change. So here's a quick update:


The artist in me coming out!
I've been working on an artistic project for a while (no, I dont claim that I have any talents what-so-ever). I tried to do a wedding present for my cousin, took pics for her wedding, then did this collage style wall poster for her living room, and had it printed. Not only did she seem happy with it, but also the entire family showed approval for that piece of armature work. I felt pretty proud of myself. Here is a smaller version of it.



Babies
It's been known that I don't like kids.. It's true, I dont! But still, recently I've been more fond of two little kids.. Baby Adam (Sam's son.... who slightly reminds me of my brother as a baby) and Baby Yassin (Zainab's son...who I like to refer to myself as his fairy-god mother). I love those two. I've been actually finding myself missing them, especially Yassin. And yes.. I have broke my infamous "dont carry babies" rule. I miss holding those two little things.


Some thing's gotta give

I finally got to watch Some thing's gotta give. Meksh has been telling me to watch it over and over and over again and he even got me the time it will be aired on OneTv. Well Meksh.. thanks a million.. it IS a great movie. And you're right.. the part about closure.. I think we all need that after a relationship. It's a feel better movie.. not like Jack Nicholson's more serious work. I think this movie, along with As Good As it Gets make a great lesson for life. I'll try to acquire both as DVDs , along with Forest Gump, for those hot chocolate, cry my eyes out, feel sorry for myself nights in!

Gym
I've been going to the gym more often now, if for nothing else, at least I get to let out some steam. The new habit I started though , isnt going to the gym. I started taking a book with me there; to read while I spend almost 75% of the workout on a treadmill or other cardiovascular machines. So anyway.. I'm reading this book , "Of love and other near death expedience", which I might have mentioned in a previous blog. It turned out to be hilarious. It's totally British humor though, so I wont recommend it to the faint of heart.


Blood Diamond
I saw Blood Diamond at the cinema last Friday. It is a very intense movie, not sad but depressive although it has a relatively happy ending. I recommend it to anyone who doesnt mind violence in movies. It has a touching story and a message to give to the world. Another thing got me thinking.. when did Leonardo Dicaprio learn to act?!?! That's the third good movie for him (Aviator and The departed were both amazing). He was so lousy when he did Titanic and the beach. Well, I'm glad he changed!

King Lear
Last night, I went with a group of friends from work to watch King Lear the play by the great Yehia El Fakharany. It's in traditional Arabic tongue. AMAZING! I actually cried in the second half, more than once! The actors were all superb but the translation was just brilliant. The joker said a number of lines of wisdom, they were so good, Salah Jahin style! You know, the kind of lines that make you feel that your world is so empty so shut up and stop complaining!

Belated new year's resolution
I figured out.. Every year.. I put a list of say 10 new year's resolution I want to do. I attempt at 7, fail at 3 and one or two just die along the way, so I satisfy myself at the end of the year by saying, it was a good year.. at least I did so and so. I'm usually pretty good at reaching my goals as was pointed out to me.

I also figured.. that all those tiny new years resolution stuff I've been doing all the past years is almost worthless cause they're just parts of the puzzle. I need to focus on the big picture. I have no idea what I want out of life.. I used to think this way I'm being flexible... I can be a great partner.. I have a broad line of what I don't like.. and I can mould myself around someone Else's hopes and dreams. But I got asked this question: "what about you as an individual?" And I had no clue.

Sometimes I think I want to be this and that at work, and some other times I think that work is a temporary step for something bigger. Sometimes I think I want to do a PhD and other times I think well, no.. I'm happier working. Sometimes I think I want out of this sorry excuse of a country and other times I feel I want to make a difference and see it propagate to make a better place.

So the one new year's resolution (although belated) for 2007 is...
I am going to work hard to find out what I want out of life.. so that 2008's resolution should be to work on achieving it. No more small diversions.. no more sorry excuses.. no more feeling sorry for myself. And it's not like I'll pack my bags go on a journey to the dessert to find myself. Honestly, (and no offense intended to dessert find-themselves advocates), I think this is for cowards.. to put your life on hold till you know what you want. I will do it the hard way.. live life.. and try to make sense of the madness, that's the real challenge...

Or what do you think?!

Comments

Eman M said…
Me too was asking when did Leonardo Dicaprio learn to act, when I saw The departed.
He is acting begad w gamed gedan kaman.

It is the same question when Jim Carry acted in "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind", I was huh :| Jim carry bey3rf yemasl begad!
A recommended film to see.
Zeww said…
To Eman..
Actually, you're right!
Eternal sunshine of the spotelss mind is really good as well. And it was one of the few Jim Carry good movies. I also likes The Truman Show

Popular posts from this blog

الفرق بين الطبخ على نار هادئة والطبخ السريع

 لاحظت إن بقى لى فترة كل تدويناتي إما تتحدث عن الحب (أو عدمه) والمشاعر (أو عدمها) أو تدوينات حزينة نكدية بتبني جو من  الكآبة العامة اللي محدش لا طايقها ولا ناقصها اصلا. فقررت بيني وبين نفسي أني مش هكتب حتى يكون عندي شئ خفيف وظريف أكتب عنه. المشكلة للأسف اللي وجهتني هي أن كل اللي بيدور في بالي دلوقتي إما الشغل ومشاكله اللي مبتخلصش أو حوار المشاعر اللي قلت إني مش هتكلم فيه، فقررت أسكت. بس النهارده وأنا في العربية مراوحة البيت من الشغل جائت لي فكرة قلت رغم إنها بتكسر شوية القرار اللي فوق إلا إنها تمشي مع فكرة خفيفة فممكن نعملها إستثناء فكرت في قد إيه "الإعجاب أو الإنبهار" بشخص ده عامل زي طرق الطبيخ، فيها السريع واللي على نار هادئة والللي الواحد يقعد يجهز فيه ويستنى عليه في الفرن إنه يستوي، مبيستويش. طبعا أنا محبب عليا أقول "الحب عامل زي الطبيخ"، بس من ناحية، أنا لسة من كام يوم بقول إن الإعجاب محتاج كثير علشان يبقى حب أصلا، ومن ناحية تانية حسيت إن الجملة مستهلكة جدا من قبل النكت القالشة.    أنا كنت طول عمري بميل للطبيخ السريع، زي طريقة "ستير فراي"، في

انا اسفة , مش عايزة اتنيل -0

بمناسبة شهر رمضان الكريم اللي الناس فيه بتبقى زهقانة و عايزة حكايات و بمناسبة اني كل ما اقعد قدام التلفزيون الاقي مسلسل مختلف فيه سوسن بدر بتقول لإبنها او بنتها "عقبال ما افرح بيكي و بمناسبة اذاعة مسلسل عايزة اتجوز اللي كل الناس بتبصلي اني المفروض اخده مثل اعلى و اروح ادور على عريس و بما ان عادة المصريين ان لازم ينكدوا على الواحد في اي مناسبة سعيدة و يفكروا باللي نقصوا في حياتوا و بمناسبة كلمة "عقبال" اللي عمري ما حبيتها ولا طيقتها و بمناسبة العريس الاخير , توتو عضلات اللي خلاني جبت اخري و قلت " رضينا بالهم و الهم مارضيش بينا و بمناسبة حالة الاكتئاب الاخيرة الي كنت فيها مش عارفة اشوف ربع الكوباية المليان احب اشارك معاكوا حكيتي مع الحب و الجواز و الذى منه , هاسميها "انا اسفة , مش عايزة اتنيل" . الحكاية دي فيها فضايح , و اعترافات , جزء لا بأس به من تاريخي الاسود . القصص كتير , منها الي يضحك و منها الي يبكي بس في الاخر هيا حصليت خلاص , و تسببت في تكوين شخصيتي و الي حصل حصل , و جائز لو شاركت الناس, تقدروا انا ليه بقيت كده في ناس هاتزعل مني , عادي متوقعة, ما اك

When Love Died

Yes, love died, about a year ago. No body knows exactly when, but it was sometimes early September or late August. Can you imagine something as big as love dying and no one noticing? Well, people did notice, in a way or another, but rather they couldn't possibly imagine that love , could in fact, die! For some, it changed into other feelings; feelings that could have usually be confused with love - lust, possessiveness , compassion, familiarity, kindness, fear of loneliness or even instinctive protectiveness. But there are a few people who are still lost at see with the void that death of love left behind. They struggle to find meaning. They... Ah well,.. Here are some stories from these people: Scene 4 Greenwich Wednesday, September 4th, 2014 It wasn't very rainy that day, unlike the rest of the week, so Tom thought that today has to be the day. He stopped at Marks and Spenser's on the way to class to pick up some flowers and concealed them cleverly. The day w