Skip to main content

wait-and-see

Besides loosing the ability to put my feelings and thoughts into writing, I realized that most of the time it's becoming easier for me not to talk stuff. I'd feel this huge load on my chest, keep thinking about it for hours, days and sometimes weeks, perhaps giving some main headlines to close friends, but not talk it off like I used to do in the past. I don't know if I lost the will to talk or just the talent to express.

That is one of many changes that I am realizing about myself that make me very uncomfortable. I am actually forcing myself right now to do some writing-therapy. Get it out in the open, no matter how long or short this post becomes.

I used to be a control freak; I can't say I liked it , but it was the way I knew how to handle things, the way my life went on. Now, I'm becoming so passive, always on the wait-and-see mood. And no, not the patience wait-and-see rather the passive, i-hope-things-work-out-without-me-needing-to-change-anything one. It's bringing me down really, but I'm too tired to do anything about it.

I think it's rather sad, that at the age of 28, I realized that life is going in a direction that I neither like nor enjoy yet I don't have the strength nor willpower to change that. Not that I know what *exactly* I want to do with my life, but at least I know what I don't want; and that's what I have now.

I've always had that problem, it's easier for me to find what I don't want and use elimination to reach what I want. That's what I did for choosing university; I knew I didn't want medicine, law, economics, politics, ...etc. I'm not sure I did the right thing by choosing computer science; I keep thinking what would have my life turned out to be if I didn't!

Anyway, I can't even organize my thoughts. Back to the present, there's no use dwelling over the past, when we have a whole present to whine about. So, my life, directions, ...etc. Note to self, I must stop trying to make a joke of every serious thing I say. So what if people take me seriously and think I'm emotional. Since when did I become funny anyway. That's one of the things I'm hating about me, I always crack a joke at the end of a statement which I think will cause sympathy, I have no idea why. It may be a way of saving pride, but then again, since when did pride become a factor in my evaluation of things. A good friend told me "you're only hurting yourself", but don't I always!?

Back to the direction, I'm as furthest as I've been with God, and this is causing me great distress. I tried so many approaches either advised by friends and family or written in books, but I'm always preoccupied with something else. Or I do something good and then follow it with a catastrophe the following day ,my thoughts and ideas are messed up. I know and beleive in particular things but I keep doubting myself. It's driving me mad.

Love life isn't any better than religious life, I'm desperately in love with someone who is in love with someone else. I know life is supposed to move on and that maybe God is saving someone better for me , or that maybe simply this one is not meant to be. I know I dragged myself into this mess and it's only me that can get myself out. I know that you're gonna say, if he's with someone else then he's not worth my tears. And that if really knew my "worth", he'd be with me and all that. I know it by heart, but at the end of the day, there are two types of people; people who you leave the world behind to be with it and people who you leave behind to be with the world. Life and experience proved that I'm the second type, he's the first. End of story.

Work, work is shit! Although my mum claims otherwise, I don't think I ever had a job that caused me that much anxiety and lack of sleep. I have mixed and contradicting feelings about my new job. For many, this may be the dream job, but for me, it's still on the wait-and-see list. It'd be good if things got better, but if they don't that means I'd have to face myself with the scariest question; so, what else do you want to do? I really don't know. Questions I keep asking myself are; is working for a prestigious corporation enough for satisfaction or do you need to beleive in its message yourself? Knowing that OpenCraft won't ever happen again, should one just take the first opportunity that life threw my way (taking the its a sign approach), adapt and move on, Or should I keep looking for the next best thing?

Friends?! I still am not over the closing of OC. I didn't need to seek other friends, now we're all scattered around, and like I said before, to a large extent, some may consider me the luckiest. No one complained, but I feel like a burden when everytime I see them I feel like I want to cry. You know the i-need-a-hug feeling?I can't always be the whiner when everyone has much problems as I do. And the other friends who I don't see often? I keep saying, meet them and then what? they'll ask so what's new and I'd say what? same old same old? Oh and my company closed down and now I'm trying out something new? I can't do that.

Family, is almost ok, besides the constant arguments regarding them wanting me to get married to the first bozo that proposes because I'm getting older. Actually, the last argument with my mum, she was not only provocative but also insulting. Thinking about it, so was the last argument with my dad.

Here? I #$%^$ hate it. Khalas, I can't stand it. I really need to get out of this country. I can't stand the traffic, the people, the garbage problem, the hypocrisy, the rudeness, the misinterpretation of religion and most of all, I can't stand living in a place where I feel there is no hope. But I have to again be passive, wait-and-see, because this point highly depends on family, love life and work (see above), so we go back to square zero.

I keep thinking about the above points in random order all the time , ALL THE TIME. It tires me and puts a huge load on my chest. And being a grown up who knows that santa doesn't exist and that no sweet fairy-god-mother of mine will magically make all worries and troubles disappear, I find myself thinking, that if life will keep getting worse (which it will), and if there is nothing in my hand to make it better (which is becoming increasingly true with time), then we might as well, excuse ourselves, put on our hats and just leave!? So I'm not suicidal enough to put an end to it, nor am I religious enough to decide to dedicate the rest of my life to well-doing. So? What next, spend the next few days(or weeks, or months) staring at the ceiling and hoping for some positive winds of change?

And that's the point when I realized, oh, well, clearly I am depressed. Hence, I decided, for lack of anything positive I can do about it, I'll just wait-and-see

Comments

Anonymous said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said…
Come on! You make me feel that you're the only one experiencing these feelings ! This is called life. Most of us are lost, troubled, unbalanced and in doubt all of the time. I don't know if this makes you happy, but at least you're not alone :)

There is something I always tell myself "The minute I admit I am miserable, happiness will never come". I never admit to myself that I am miserable, I consider it something temporarily, and you should too!

Try to find that one thing that you know you'll truly enjoy. Maybe an old song, a meeting with your old school gang. It doesn't matter if it sounds silly, just do it. This will make you feel that life has hope. Believe me, it works like magic. Simply ignore your problems and just start enjoying.

May Allah guide you through your journey sis :)
Mohammad said…
wow, you expressed yourself beautifully. How about handling one thing at a time? how about choosing something to start with and then move on to the next problem?

and hey, you need a hug!
Zeww said…
Thanks Marooned, you always cheer me up :)

And anonymous, thanks for the prayer. I need it :)

Popular posts from this blog

الفرق بين الطبخ على نار هادئة والطبخ السريع

 لاحظت إن بقى لى فترة كل تدويناتي إما تتحدث عن الحب (أو عدمه) والمشاعر (أو عدمها) أو تدوينات حزينة نكدية بتبني جو من  الكآبة العامة اللي محدش لا طايقها ولا ناقصها اصلا. فقررت بيني وبين نفسي أني مش هكتب حتى يكون عندي شئ خفيف وظريف أكتب عنه. المشكلة للأسف اللي وجهتني هي أن كل اللي بيدور في بالي دلوقتي إما الشغل ومشاكله اللي مبتخلصش أو حوار المشاعر اللي قلت إني مش هتكلم فيه، فقررت أسكت. بس النهارده وأنا في العربية مراوحة البيت من الشغل جائت لي فكرة قلت رغم إنها بتكسر شوية القرار اللي فوق إلا إنها تمشي مع فكرة خفيفة فممكن نعملها إستثناء فكرت في قد إيه "الإعجاب أو الإنبهار" بشخص ده عامل زي طرق الطبيخ، فيها السريع واللي على نار هادئة والللي الواحد يقعد يجهز فيه ويستنى عليه في الفرن إنه يستوي، مبيستويش. طبعا أنا محبب عليا أقول "الحب عامل زي الطبيخ"، بس من ناحية، أنا لسة من كام يوم بقول إن الإعجاب محتاج كثير علشان يبقى حب أصلا، ومن ناحية تانية حسيت إن الجملة مستهلكة جدا من قبل النكت القالشة.    أنا كنت طول عمري بميل للطبيخ السريع، زي طريقة "ستير فراي"، في

انا اسفة , مش عايزة اتنيل -0

بمناسبة شهر رمضان الكريم اللي الناس فيه بتبقى زهقانة و عايزة حكايات و بمناسبة اني كل ما اقعد قدام التلفزيون الاقي مسلسل مختلف فيه سوسن بدر بتقول لإبنها او بنتها "عقبال ما افرح بيكي و بمناسبة اذاعة مسلسل عايزة اتجوز اللي كل الناس بتبصلي اني المفروض اخده مثل اعلى و اروح ادور على عريس و بما ان عادة المصريين ان لازم ينكدوا على الواحد في اي مناسبة سعيدة و يفكروا باللي نقصوا في حياتوا و بمناسبة كلمة "عقبال" اللي عمري ما حبيتها ولا طيقتها و بمناسبة العريس الاخير , توتو عضلات اللي خلاني جبت اخري و قلت " رضينا بالهم و الهم مارضيش بينا و بمناسبة حالة الاكتئاب الاخيرة الي كنت فيها مش عارفة اشوف ربع الكوباية المليان احب اشارك معاكوا حكيتي مع الحب و الجواز و الذى منه , هاسميها "انا اسفة , مش عايزة اتنيل" . الحكاية دي فيها فضايح , و اعترافات , جزء لا بأس به من تاريخي الاسود . القصص كتير , منها الي يضحك و منها الي يبكي بس في الاخر هيا حصليت خلاص , و تسببت في تكوين شخصيتي و الي حصل حصل , و جائز لو شاركت الناس, تقدروا انا ليه بقيت كده في ناس هاتزعل مني , عادي متوقعة, ما اك

When Love Died

Yes, love died, about a year ago. No body knows exactly when, but it was sometimes early September or late August. Can you imagine something as big as love dying and no one noticing? Well, people did notice, in a way or another, but rather they couldn't possibly imagine that love , could in fact, die! For some, it changed into other feelings; feelings that could have usually be confused with love - lust, possessiveness , compassion, familiarity, kindness, fear of loneliness or even instinctive protectiveness. But there are a few people who are still lost at see with the void that death of love left behind. They struggle to find meaning. They... Ah well,.. Here are some stories from these people: Scene 4 Greenwich Wednesday, September 4th, 2014 It wasn't very rainy that day, unlike the rest of the week, so Tom thought that today has to be the day. He stopped at Marks and Spenser's on the way to class to pick up some flowers and concealed them cleverly. The day w